2019年11月20日 星期三

VMWARE WORKSTATION AUTOFIT GUEST SETTING

I like to work with VMware Workstation , also in windowed mode and not always in full screen mode. However, since I used three different monitor resolutions for my work, I repeatedly stumble across the Autofit Guest view.
Unfortunately after a new installation of the VMware Workstation on my new laptop the Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1 again had the problem that the setting Autofit Guest or Fit Guest Now does not work.
Each time I moved the VM Workstation window to the other monitor (which has a different resolution) or I switched from full-screen mode to windowed mode, the guest operating system was not adjusted to the new window size. It was very bad if I separated the notebook from the monitors and I only wanted to work in tablet mode. Since there was the wildest window representations in the VM guest operating system.
My solution which I found out after a few trials and not helpful internet researches:
  1. Disable the 3D Acceleration in the VM settings.
  2. Insert the line svga.autodetect = "TRUE" in the corresponding * .vmx file
  3. Change Monitors to [Use host setting for monitors]
After these two changes, the Autofit Guest mode finally works for me again.
I hope the tip can help someone.

沒有留言:

wibiya widget